Monday, March 10, 2014

Colorado

        So this past week I had the wonderful privilege to spend a few days in the beautiful state of Colorado. I LOVE THAT STATE. I swear I was born for it. It's so beautiful and so full of adventure and life. Everyone is active, and wonderful, and sometimes smelly because some of the snowboarders really don't wear deodorant.

Anyway. I went skiing for a few days and lets just say I worked doe muscles that weren't quite used to that kind of work. Moguls will kill your quads-- let me tell you, but what I really wasn't prepared for was snowboarding. On Saturday I gave snowboarding a try.  I have always wanted to try, but I didn't want to loose precious days of skiing time.  This trip I did and man am I feeling it.  Apart from spending a large amount of time on my butt it was great. I picked it up by the end of a long day, but I certainly feel it.  That crap is HARD WORK. Yesterday my body felt like it got hit by a train. I haven't felt that sore for years! The muscles were tearing themselves off my bones I'm pretty sure.

So last night I went for a two mile walk and then I took a bath filled with Epsom salts and Lavender essential oil, and it was heaven. A beautiful sigh of relief.  It really helped with the soreness because it increased circulation allowing the muscles to heal. Ahh.

No comments:

Post a Comment